Posting Date: 26 October 2023
Closing Date: 31 December 2023
Job Reference Number: TLHCH/2023/002/Head Chef
Type of Employment: Full-time
The Lakehouse Cameron Highlands [ The Lakehouse, Cameron Highlands - Official Site (lakehouse-cameron.com)] is a part of the boutique collection by HPL Hotels & Resorts [ HPL Hotels & Resorts: Hotel Management Company - Official Site].
If you wish to pursue a career within the boutique segment of the hospitality industry, join us to welcome our guest experience this 53-year-old Tudor-style country house that sits atop a hill overlooking the Sultan Abu Bakar Lake in the Cameron Highlands - Malaysia’s largest and most popular hill resort. The Lakehouse, situated at approximately 1,000 m above sea level and a short distance from the towns of Tanah Rata and Ringlet in the highlands is accessible by road from Tapah or Simpang Pulai on the lowlands.
Reporting directly to the Hotel Manager, you are responsible for the effective leadership of culinary and management of the kitchen to achieve planned departmental objectives and goals while maintaining brand and Hotel standards for employee satisfaction, internal processes efficiency & effectiveness and guest satisfaction.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in culinary and kitchen management demonstrating a progressive career growth in one or more reputable hotel or free-standing restaurant with a minimum of 2 years as Head Chef or its equivalent.
- A trade certificate, degree or diploma in hotel management or the equivalent education and experience.
- A hands-on-approach across all culinary and kitchen management disciplines including but not limited to training & development as well as performance management of subordinates.
- A leadership stature with the ability to gain immediate professional credibility through possessing: (a) the capability to proactively provide sound operating advice and proactively coach subordinates, (b) the ability to communicate and influence at all levels through clear, informed and logical argument and discussion, tempered by a sense of humour, when appropriate, and (c) the ability to build effective relationships and influence positive outcomes through possessing a progressive and participative management style.
- Strong inter-personal communication with a strong command of the English language both written and verbal.
- Comfortable with living and working in a remote hill environment.
This position is restricted to Malaysian nationals.