Posting Date: 15 January 2024
Closing Date: 14 February 2024
Job Reference Number:
Type of Employment: Full-time
Gili Lankanfushi is a private coral island in the pristine blue waters of North Male Atoll. This Eco-Luxury resort, surrounded by the gifts of nature, is a preferred employer of unique, talented and passionate individuals seeking a rewarding career in a top level luxury hospitality environment.
We invite candidates with the same passion for excellence to provide memorable experiences to our guests, while striving to reduce our environmental impact and preserve our surroundings.
Your main duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed to carry out the objective of this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Manage Food and Beverage Outlet as assigned.
- Prioritize, organize and delegate work assignments.
- Manage the performance of Food & Beverage Hosts and follow up with corrections.
- Work well under pressure, staying organized, planning and meeting deadlines.
- Oversee the restaurant operation, maximize revenue and ensure service delivery.
- Assist in surpassing the resort’s GCC targets.
- Review service standards regularly and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Update the Standard Operating Procedures of the department accordingly.
- Innovate and implement creative ideas to optimize revenue and profit.
- Plan, organize and execute the implementation of new menus for the outlet, including training for the team.
- Manage guest queries and complaints.
- Work within budgeted guidelines for Food, Beverage and Payroll.
- Be held accountable for monthly stock takes.
- Conduct annual and mid-year performance appraisals for hosts.
- Ensure meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes are generated.
- Ensure all actions comply with the resorts environmental policy.
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good work relationships.
- Comply with resort security, fire regulations, and all health and safety legislation.
- Create a positive team atmosphere among team members.
- Provide feedback and coach your team regularly.
- Work closely with culinary team to ensure proper food presentation and handling.
- Arrange maintenance and repair of equipment and other services as required.
- Effectively forecast restaurant manning needs.
- Prioritize tasks effectively to ensure critical tasks are completed on time.
- Take ownership of issues and tasks and provide detailed feedback to the Food and Beverage Manager.
- Ensure that the restaurant is prepared for service at the designated times and that all pre-service activities have been carried out.
- Ensure the prompt and efficient service of meals and beverages according to the standards set by the resort.
- Fully understand the team goals and objectives, ensuring that the maximum is done to achieve set targets.
- Maintain detailed knowledge on all in-house guest preferences and billing instructions.
- Be prepared to work in excess of the specified working period, within reason, as determined by operational demand.
- Maintain a presence throughout service.
- Attend regular meetings and briefings to stay informed of policies and procedures, special events, further improvement plans, and guest comments.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of menus and specials for all outlets, always being able to make recommendations and up-sell.
- Have a good knowledge of the wine list and be able to recommend wines in the absence of a Sommelier, assisting with training as needed.
- Ensure all Food and Beverage Hosts are correctly uniformed and are of high grooming.
- Strive to ensure that all hosts provide courteous and professional service, in a friendly manner at all times.
- Liaise with Culinary Team and make every effort to accommodate guest food and beverage requests.
- Ensure that the team has good menu knowledge and is able to take food and beverage orders from any outlet menus.
- Monitor all departmental records, rosters and checklists.
- Ensure correct charges to each guest.
- Meet training hour target per month for subordinates and report their progress.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all facilities and services offered by the resort.
- Maintain good working relationships within your team and build rapport with other teams.
- Assist with the Food and Beverage month end report.
- Control loss, abuse or breakage of all operating equipment and ensure correct handling and storage of such items.
- Ensure that all hosts are aware of their duties as well as the standards required by the resort.
- Ensure that the standards for Food and Beverage are being followed and lead by example.
- Organize the daily briefing in the restaurant.
- Ensure the resort’s Environmental Policy is carried out within the Outlets.
- Ensure Fire and Health & Safety and policies are adhered to in all outlets.
- Ensure completion of daily Checklists
- Ensure attendance of training for the Hosts nominated for by Food and Beverage Manager
- Provide new hosts with an Individual Training Plan within seven (7) days of commencing duty and must be approved by the Department Head
- Manage hosts through their probation period and ensure they attend required training during this time.
- Ensure all training and service standards are in line with the service fundamentals, SOPs and Policies and procedures of Gili Lankanfushi/Hotel Properties Limited.
- Take responsibility to nominate hosts for training and ensure they are released from duty to attend.
- Conduct regular Training Needs Analysis and schedule training in the Annual Departmental Training Plan and 3 Month Training Plans.
- Plan, conduct, record and report all training according to Hotel Properties Limited standards.