Posting Date: 8 February 2024
Closing Date: 7 March 2024
Job Reference Number:
Type of Employment: Full-time
Gili Lankanfushi is a private coral island in the pristine blue waters of North Male Atoll. This Eco-Luxury resort, surrounded by the gifts of nature, is a preferred employer of unique, talented and passionate individuals seeking a rewarding career in a top level luxury hospitality environment.
We invite candidates with the same passion for excellence to provide memorable experiences to our guests, while striving to reduce our environmental impact and preserve our surroundings.
We are looking for a Resort Nurse candidate to join our team
Your main duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed to carry out the objective of this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Provide first aid and medical treatment for both guests and hosts in the clinic or in the guest villa.
- To attend and arrange further medical treatment for severely ill patients to Male if the case requires, communicating transportation needs to the relevant departments
- To attend emergency calls – out of hours when necessary
- Monitor, record, and report symptoms and changes in patient’s conditions.
- Record patient’s medical information and vital signs.
- Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients’ responses and conditions
- Consult and coordinate with Health Care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Order, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s condition.
- Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity.
- Prepare patients for, and assist with, examinations and treatments
- Prepare rooms, sterile instruments, equipment, and supplies that are essential to providing medical services and continuous operations of the clinic.
- Administer oral, local, inhalation, intravenous medications, as well as other anesthetics.
- Perform physical examinations, make tentative diagnoses, and treat patients at the disaster site and en route to facilities with higher level of care.
- Adequate and timely recording of medical related expenses for the guests.
- Inform, and facilitate insurance claims and other host / staff medical benefits.
- Participate and assist in the First Aid Training and other essential property for occupational safety and health.
- Maintain host and guest health records and prepare accident reports. Ensure that all records are kept confidential.
- Prepare monthly report for monitoring clinic operations.
- Implement, facilitate and support new initiatives, policies and procedures on health education/promotion and accident/disease prevention to all Hosts.
- Monitor the progress of Hosts on medical leave and update records accordingly
- Contact doctors and/or hospitals, as necessary, to arrange further treatments.
- Keep up to date with legal and professional changes associated with occupational health and safety and must be fully conversant with all health and safety, fire and emergency procedures.
- Consult with institutions or associations regarding issues and concerns relevant to the practice and profession of nursing.
- Maintain all medical equipment on a monthly basis by checking and ensuring the equipment is fit for use. Maintain first-aid kits, order new supplies and destroy out-of-date items safely.
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene, dress, uniform and body language
- Responsible for keeping the clinic hygienic and medical equipment is store in the appropriate manner.
- Polite and professional in any situation where the image or reputation of the resort is represented
- Attends meetings and training as required by the Director of Human Resources & Training
- Uses expertise to ensure organizations meet legislative requirements. Ensure that all activities are carried out honestly, ethically and within the parameters of local labor law
- Design, develop and deliver new initiatives, policies and procedures on health education/promotion and accident/disease prevention to local Island clinics as required
- Perform additional duties as required by the Resort Physician and Director of Human Resources & Training including but limited to accompany patient while in the Hospital