Posting Date: 27 February 2023
Closing Date: 31 March 2023
Job Reference Number:
Type of Employment: Full-time
Gili Lankanfushi is a private coral island in the pristine blue waters of North Male Atoll. This Eco-Luxury resort, surrounded by the gifts of nature, is a preferred employer of unique, talented and passionate individuals seeking a rewarding career in a top-level luxury hospitality environment.
We invite candidates with the same passion for excellence to provide memorable experiences to our guests, while striving to reduce our environmental impact and preserve our surroundings.
Your main duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed to carry out the objective of this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Maintain a friendly, well-groomed and pleasant image at all times.
- Work closely with the chief steward whose duty is to keep the kitchen clean and orderly.
- Assign in detail, specific duties to all staff under supervision and instruct them in their work.
- Aware of the importance of quality products and make every effort to prepare the best products possible.
- Punctual and efficient and at all times assume a pleasing and helpful attitude towards fellow staff.
- Responsible for the quality of all food prepared in the kitchen under supervision.
- Check constantly for taste, temperature and visual appeal. Make sure that all dishes are uniform and that established portion sizes are adhered to.
- Keep a close watch over all materials used with a view of eliminating waste and spoilage of all food products.
- Determine on the basis of expected volume of business, quantity of food to be prepared, being careful to hold over production or under production to a minimum.
- Prevent the use of spoiled or contaminated products in any phase of food preparation and prevent employees who are ill or suffering from an infection from taking part in the preparation or handling food.
- Follow all house rules and also assist in enforcing them.
- Guide and train staff constantly and show them the art of fine cuisine and decorations.
- Ensure food is delivered on time for a la carte, cocktails etc. and are set up correctly.
- Take care of the food quality at assigned outlets.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Perform additional duties as required by the Executive Chef.