Posting Date: 15 January 2024
Closing Date: 31 December 2024
Job Reference Number: JD-HSK/002 Assistant Housekeeping Manager
Type of Employment: Full-time
As Assistant Housekeeping Manager, you are responsible to ensure high standards of service to Guests, in term of cleanliness and productivity prioritizing all tasks in accordance with business needs. You will lead and coach employees across the Housekeeping Department plus formulate and execute operational objectives ensuring fantastic guest outcomes and productivity efficiencies.
- Set high personal and professional standards for your department by your own performance.
- Recognize outstanding individual performance in your department and deal with substandard performance fairly, immediately and constructively.
- Give clear and concise direction, provide support and supervise your team to ensure the directions are properly executed.
- Assist in establishing a climate of motivation and enthusiasm in your department.
- Assist in creating and implementing long term goals and strategies to succeed and grow.
- Constantly seek to develop the expertise of those reporting to you.
- Have a deep understanding of the hotel’s Vision and assist to integrate this into your department’s daily activities.
- Adjust to changes in job requirements and the hotel’s operational strategies to meet business needs.
- Participate in the induction of new staff members to Hard Rock culture. Assist in creating and participate in the on-going training and development of staff and management, focusing on sense of hospitality, music, memorabilia, company culture and the spirit of rock’ n Roll.
- Assist in spearheading annual philanthropic initiatives.
- Assist the Housekeeping Manager in preparing your department’s section of the annual business plan.
- Assist in monitoring your department’s budget and proactively implement corrective action where necessary
- Assist in controlling cost whilst ensuring the hotel’s Guests get value for money.
- Assist in ensuring all team members under your supervision are scheduled in accordance to business needs.
- Assist in ensuring all staff operates ethically to protect the image of Hard Rock.
- Have a keen understanding of the Guest’s market segments and their expectations. Constantly seek to identify unmet Guest’s needs and assist in working towards developing new / improving currents products and strategies to sustain our competitive advantage
- Understand the product image the company aims to project and assist in ensuring that image is reflected in every aspect of the manner in which you may assist to manage your department.
- Communicate effectively within the organization at all levels.
- Assist in conducting regular brief, concise, well-prepared meetings and ensure follow-up and follow through.
- Communicate with guests and be visible in the local community a representative of the hotel.
- Assist in maintaining an efficient and effective administrative system in your department.
- Assist in setting policies and procedures pertaining to your department’s operation and ensure all manuals are up to date.
- Assist in ensuring all your departmental policies and procedures are update to date in related to other departments and Hard rock hotel’s guidelines.
- Understand the hotel’s general policies and procedures and assist to align all your department’s activities and personal actions as a senior manager.
- Assist in ensuring the facilities, equipment and offices under your supervision are maintained in excellent condition
- Work closely with Engineering Department to assist in implementing an effective maintenance system.
- Assist in controlling consumption and maintain a cost effective inventory of guest supplies, chemicals and amenities.
- Degree / Diploma in hospitality management, hotel management, Business / Administration.
- Good command in written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Minimum 3 years working experience in the hospitality industry at a Housekeeping Department.
- Familiar with hotel operations, available technology and all distribution channels.
- Proactive, well organized, quality driven, detail-minded team player with excellent interpersonal skills and can work independently.
- Ability to work on roster schedule, weekends and public holidays.
- Strong Management and leadership skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strategic thinker with a passion for developing team members.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and to plan strategically and analytically.
(Only shortlisted candidates will be notified)