Posting Date: 22 August 2019
Closing Date: 31 October 2019
Job Reference Number:
Type of Employment: Full-time
The Butcher will perform quality inspections, use meat grinders, knives, saws, and other tools to cut meat down into smaller portions, weigh, package cuts, and ensure that displays and storing are under the FSMS rules and regulations.
- To effectively control the food production giving maximum quality and yield.
- Monitor staff compliance with prescribed operating methods and exercising necessary control to ensure security of stock and property of the company
- To order and purchase the hotel's food requirements in an economical manner
- To control all food storage activities to ensure that all food is kept in prime condition and a good method stock rotation is used in all areas and sections of the kitchen
- Cut, grind, and prepare meats for the different outlets of the hotel using a variety of meat cutting equipment to slice various types of cuts
- Weigh, package and control stock inventories and orders depending on the occupancy of the hotel
- Keep records, perform quality inspections on meats and other products
- Adhere to food safety and sanitation controls
- Clean and maintain tools and equipment and ensuring displays and labelling are accurate
- Move meat stock to cold storage areas and ensure that it is stored in a hygienic manner
- Knowledge of meat preparation techniques and cuts on local and international styles / recipes
- Strong understanding of meat quality, cuts, and preparation
- Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Courteous, knowledgeable and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic, with the ability to work well both independently and within the context of a larger team-oriented environment
- This position is restricted to individuals with the rights to work in Malaysia
Visit https://www.hardrockhotels.com/ for other vacancies at a Hard Rock Hotel.