Posting Date: 30 March 2022
Closing Date: 31 December 2024
Job Reference Number: JD-ENG-001
Type of Employment: Full-time
The Chief Engineer is responsible for the work performance of the Maintenance & Engineering department, including overall daily department operations, preventive maintenance programs, training & development, energy conservation, fire and life safety systems, accident prevention & safety , project management and building improvements, taking into consideration safety regulations, local codes, cost and priority in accordance with business needs.
The Chief Engineer directs the procedural and personal dimensions of one or more work processes through their subordinates. An increase in personal efficiency and effectiveness is expected when working as a team as colleagues and superiors, achieving common goals and targets.
As Chief Engineer you will:
- Ensure plant and all electrical, mechanical and electronic equipment operate at an optimum level with the lowest energy consumption possible.
- Coordinate a hotel energy conservation program whilst constantly seeking for energy cost saving solutions, maintaining an updated understanding on new technologies.
- Prepare annual budget, capex and annual business plan for the Engineering Department.
- Network within the company and the industry to keep updated on developments affecting your field of expertise.
- Manage, supervise and support the Maintenance & Engineering teams in their daily operation.
- Prepare and implement Maintenance & Engineering Department Policy & Procedures, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Work Instructions (WI).
- Implement the plan and schedule for Preventive Maintenance programs, corrective maintenance and project works.
- Constantly seeking to identify guest needs through guest feedback and comments, and work to maximise the guest experience.
- Conduct training, development & coaching of the Maintenance & Engineering team to ensure consistent excellent service delivery and productive work practices.
- Lead or facilitate the transfer of information regarding priorities, assignments and problem solving at the various briefing sessions daily.
- Maintain awareness of all existing divisional job safety analysis and strive to work in an accident free manner, creating a safe work environment for others. Continuously look for conditions and situations that may endanger Band Members and guests of the hotel and take immediate action to correct them.
- Maintain your availability for any emergencies and act in an Engineering capacity to protect Guests and Band Members, and preserve the building and its system during an emergency. You will act quickly and responsibly to return the building to its normal operating status and communicate/inform Engineering management of such emergencies.
- Monitor Fire Alarm/Life Safety systems as in working condition. Maintain full awareness of the system operations and how to handle emergencies involving the system. You will have a working knowledge of fire sprinkler and emergency power systems.
- Monitor the Hotel’s landscaping and swimming pool PH level are according to the standard.
- Ensure Hard Rock International (HRI) audit requirement standards are being applied in all Maintenance & Engineering sections.
- Be an active member in all organised philanthropic events.
- Understand, practice and comply the safety, security & emergency procedures such as fire, bomb threat, tsunami evacuation, etc.
- Legislation such as minimum age requirements for the purchase of alcohol and tobacco products.
- Ensure the facilities, equipment and offices under your supervision are maintained in excellent condition.
- Have a good understanding of the hotel's emergency procedures and ensure implementation of those related to your division when required.
- Diploma or Bachelor's degree in a relevant engineering field with Chargeman BO (High Voltage System) qualification.
- At least 4 years to 6 years of experience leading or supervising a team as Chief Engineer.
- A sound understanding of engineering principles.
- The ability to maintain a positive attitude and maintain high morale with a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to process feedback and remain professional.
- The capacity to work onsite.