Posting Date: 31 March 2022
Closing Date: 30 June 2022
Job Reference Number: HRHPg/JD-DHR-001/Director of Human Resources
Type of Employment: Full-time
This is an Executive Committee role reporting directly to the Hotel's General Manager and functionally to the VP Human Resources based in Singapore. In this role, you are responsible from both an operational and strategic perspective for supporting achievement of the Hotel’s objectives and goals by the management, administration and practice of the full range of Human Resource functions, paying particular attention to the attraction, acquirement, retention, development and engagement of Human Resources (HR) while maintaining brand and Hotel standards for employee satisfaction, internal processes efficiency & effectiveness and guest satisfaction.
- A minimum of 15 years’ HR experience demonstrating progressive career growth in a reputable organization, with a minimum of 6 years as Head of Human Resources. Experience within the hotel industry and preferably in a unionized environment is advantageous.
- Education to a trade certificate, college diploma and/or university degree or the equivalent professional accreditation is expected. Qualifications in Law, Industrial Relations or Psychology is advantageous.
- Competency with a hands-on-approach across all HR disciplines including but not limited to Recruitment & Selection, On-Boarding & Socialization, Performance Management & Development, Progressive Corrective Action & Disciplinary Action, Manpower & Succession Planning, Compensation & Benefits, Employee Relations, Industrial Relations, and Personnel Administration.
- Capability to undertake the role of HR business partner through the below acumen demonstrated in past work experiences:
a. Legal and/or industrial relation acumen to understand and apply local laws & regulations for compliance and/or mitigation of risks.
b. Financial acumen to read, understand and analyse financial statements and thus be able to contribute to the hotel’s business decisions and long term plans at the Executive Committee table.
- Strong inter-personal communication and influencing skills capabilities.
- Strong command of the English language both written and verbal.
- This position is restricted to individuals with the right to work in Malaysia