Posting Date: 17 July 2019
Closing Date: 17 August 2019
Job Reference Number: JD-S&M-001
Type of Employment: Full-time
Job Assignment & General Scope
Responsible for achieving planned business goals and objectives through effective leadership and management of the Sales & Marketing Department in the Resort, this is comprised of the Sales, Marcom, Stage Pass Membership and Business Centre, while maintaining brand and company standards for guest satisfaction, employee satisfaction and internal processes. You lead and coach employees within your assigned area of responsibility to formulate and execute operational objectives relating to employee and guest-centric activities within four perspectives of People, Internal Process, Guests and Revenue. A high degree of personal efficiency and effectiveness is expected when you work as a team with your subordinates, colleagues and superiors and achieve common goals and targets.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Give clear, concise directions, provide support and supervise your Band to ensure that directions are properly executed.
- Seek responsibility and take responsibility for your actions and the actions of those reporting to you and establish a climate of motivation and enthusiasm in your division.
- Create and implement long term goals and strategies that will cause your division and assist the hotel to succeed and grow.
- Prepare your division’s section of the annual business plan and monitor your division’s budget and proactively implement corrective action where necessary.
- Constantly seek to identify unmet guests’ needs and work towards developing new/improving current products and strategies to sustain our competitive advantage.
- Set policies and procedures pertaining to your division’s operation and ensure all manuals are up to date and understand the hotel’s general policies & procedures and align all your division’s activities and your personal actions as a senior manager.
- Establish with the General Manager and Corporate Office a clear marketing plan and ensure that the Sales band members are fully aware of the hotel’s sales strategies and in particular those concerning their accounts.
- Work with the Director of Revenue to attain the highest room yield achievable.
- Work closely with the Marketing Communications Manager to establish and monitor successful strategies for Marketing Communications and to implement advertising and special events strategies which enhance the hotel’s market exposure.
- Understanding of the hotel’s market segments and their expectations.
- Hotel experience and knowledge of the hospitality industry
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) with good interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong multitasking skills
- Strong work ethic, with the ability to work well both independently and within the context of a larger team-oriented environment
This position is restricted to individuals with the right to work in Malaysia