Posting Date: 30 April 2019
Closing Date: 31 May 2019
Job Reference Number: JD-F&B(P)001
Type of Employment: Full-time
Your main duties are to manage the Food & Beverage Production Department (incorporating Kitchen and Stewarding) ensuring smooth and efficient operations to achieve maximum revenue and guest satisfaction, whilst maintaining the service standards set by the hotel. You will report to the Director of Food & Beverage.
In your job, you will be required to:
- Understand the product image the company aims to project and ensure that image is reflected in every aspect of the manner in which you manage the kitchen and stewarding operation.
- Maintain an efficient and effective kitchen administration system.
- Set policies and procedures pertaining to the kitchen and stewarding operation and ensure all manuals are up to date.
- Ensure all kitchen and stewarding policies and procedures are in synergy with related departments and Hard Rock International and HPL guidelines.
- Ensure the facilities, equipment and offices under your supervision are maintained in excellent condition
- Network within the company and the industry to keep abreast of developments affecting your field of expertise.
- Interact and develop Band Members within your department to maximise their potential and ensure high staff engagement.
- Ensure all Band Members under your supervision are scheduled in accordance with business needs to maximize productivity and minimize labour costs.
- Plan replacement of FF&E and OE in accordance with needs and available budget.
- Monitor food cost and work with the Chefs to maintain low cost of goods whilst achieving high food quality.
- Ensure clean kitchens, hygienic work procedures and high safety standards in line with Hard Rock International global standards.
- Ensure energy conservation programs are implemented in all kitchens including control of kitchen fuels and gas consumption.
- Build programs to minimize spoilage and wastage.
- Ensure buffet set-ups are creative and in accordance with the Hard Rock Hotels & Resorts image.
- Work together with all Executive Sous Chef to create and implement menus that are impactful, cost effective and in accordance with trends and market demands.
- Have a good understanding of the hotel’s emergency procedures and ensure implementation of those related to the kitchen operation when required
- Complete and thorough knowledge of operating food service equipment and safety systems.
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems, sales, catering and HOS purchasing systems.
- Hotel experience and knowledge of the hospitality industry
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) with good interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong multitasking skills
- Strong work ethic, with the ability to work well both independently and within the context of a larger team-oriented environment
- This position is restricted to individuals with the rights to work in Malaysia.
Visit https://www.hardrockhotels.com/ for other vacancies at a Hard Rock Hotel.