Posting Date: 10 November 2021
Closing Date: 10 December 2021
Job Reference Number:
Type of Employment: Full-time
As Kitchen Manager, your main duties centre on maximising the delivery of the guest experience in the Hard Rock Café by ensuring through good process management that the quality of cuisine provided is to the highest standards. You will:
- Communicate with managers to evaluate work procedures, review standards, identify methods for increasing efficiency or effectiveness, and respond proactively to any needs that have arisen.
- Train and empower employees to exercise good judgment to make decisions regarding service, food quality, and customer satisfaction by adhering to company training standards
- Monitor and coach employees on performance, compliance with procedures and workload.
- Create and modify the weekly work schedule to accommodate employees, volume or other emerging trends.
- Conduct meetings with staff to communicate incentive programs, implement new products and procedures, and discuss areas of opportunity, special events, etc.
- Ensure employees follow food safety, sanitation and security procedures in line with our global standards.
- Listen to feedback from our customers, employees and other managers to gain an understanding on areas of strength and opportunity to improve personal/restaurant performance.
- Perform employees’ tasks such as preparing menu items to help employees and to ensure the quality of the guest experience
- Balance staffing levels and labour costs to achieve a cost-effective plan for operating the kitchen.
- Monitor and control food and labour costs using established methods to meet goals.
- Work with the Hard Rock Cafe Manager regarding new procedures, or another restaurant business to keep him/her informed.
- Inspect product levels and storage areas to determine if enough product is on hand; and to maintain proper storage, rotation, freshness of product and sanitation conditions.
- Observe food prepared by employees such as portions, cooking quality, and heated items to ensure correctness of recipe, temperature and quality.
- Read and review invoices to verify the accuracy of invoice specs and determine expenses, amount, and type of product being delivered to the restaurant.
- Supervise deliveries by counting and checking product quality to ensure that the billing and delivery meet amount and standards.
- Communicate with other managers to ensure that assigned cleaning duties were completed up to a Hard Rock International standard.
- Proven work experience as a Kitchen Manager or Head Chef
- Hands-on experience with planning menus and ordering ingredients
- Knowledge of a wide range of recipes
- Familiarity with kitchen sanitation and safety regulations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Conflict management abilities
- Ability to manage a team in a fast-paced work environment
- Flexibility to work during evenings and weekends
- Certification from a culinary school or degree in Restaurant Management is a plus
- This position is restricted to individuals with the rights to work in Malaysia
Visit https://www.hardrockhotels.com/ for other vacancies at a Hard Rock Hotel.