Posting Date: 9 June 2023
Closing Date: 31 December 2024
Job Reference Number: HRHP/JD-F&B(P)-013/ Stewarding & Hygiene Manager
Type of Employment: Full-time
- Assist the Executive Sous Chef / Chef de cuisine in F&B (P) daily operations and management.
- Attends daily Sous Chef briefing / F&B briefings / Catering meetings / FSMS / NSF / ESG meeting and any meetings invited or assigned.
- Maintains good and open-minded relationships with other F&B section heads, outlets and other departments within the hotel.
- Ensure all FSMS / NSF records are kept on time and in a professional set up.
- Ensure all ESG / sustainability / waste management records are kept on time and in a professional set up.
- Ensure all hygiene standards are recorded on time and in a professional set up.
- Monitor, maintain and purchase necessary tools, equipment and hardware required for his department’s need.
- Manage, control and record breakages on daily basis.
- Assign and monitor stewarding training schedule and following up on the effectiveness of training and development plans.
- Schedule all cleaning procedure and ensuring the cleanliness of all area, according to FSMS and NSF standards and requirement.
- Supervise and allocate work to band members according to their knowledge and skill level.
- Assign, manage and monitor department’s scheduling, duty roster, and holiday and leave planner based on operations and profitability.
- Maintains a daily communication logbook or recorded documents.
- Ensures that all stewarding band members follow and understand their job description.
- Keeps and reports any incident, problems and complaints to the Executive Sous Chef, Chef de Cuisine and Food and Beverage Director.
- Assists Executive Sous Chef / Chef de Cuisine to keep stewarding operating cost within the assigned budget to ensure profitability.
- Manage and control stewarding department’s labour cost according to assigned budget.
- Ensures the hotel cost control policies and procedures are followed
- Contributes to overall profits, through prevention of wastage and maximizing use of raw materials.
- Manage and controls the departmental breakage costs to a minimum.
- Work closely with Food & Beverage Production leaders and crews, Food & Beverage Service leaders and crews to maximize daily operational excellence.
- Work closely with Maintenance / Engineering Team
- Work closely with Materials Control / Purchasing / Receiving Department
- Assist in maintaining and enhances team grooming and personal hygiene according to hotel policies.
- Identifies training needs of stewarding subordinates and recommend to Training and Development Manager.
FSMS and NSF Management
- Follow and practise NSF/FSMS and local Hygiene laws at all times
- Actively participate in FSMS committee projects and assignments.
- Assist in hygiene and cleanliness around the kitchen, food production and food storage.
- Ensure grooming and personal hygiene according to hotel policies
- Reports any incident, problems and complaints to Executive Sous Chef , Chef de Cuisine and Food and Beverage Director.
- Ensure stewarding related chemicals are being well managed including storage, as required by the NSF / FSMS standards.
ESG, Waste Management and Sustainability Management
- Follow and practise ESG, Waste Management and Sustainability tasks and assignments as required by the property, management and ownership.
- Ensure compliance with ESG policies & procedures.
- Ensure kitchen waste is being recorded accordingly and updated on daily basis.
- To monitor energy saving initiatives in F&B (P) related areas.
- Collaborating with other managers to develop company-wide sustainability initiatives such as recycling programs.
- Developing strategies to reduce waste production and increase recycling rates within the organization.
- Staying up to date with news in environmental issues and ESG policies & procedures.
- Providing training to employees to ensure their understanding of environmental policies and ESG practices.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role, with a strong focus on cleaning and sanitation in a high-volume food service environment
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) with good interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of FSMS, NSF and other relevant food safety standards
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to work in multitasking
- Strong work ethic, with the ability to work well both independently and within the context of a larger team-oriented environment
- Ability to work under pressure, passionate and enthusiastic with a positive vibe
- Proficient in computer skills, including MS Office
Visit https://www.hardrockhotels.com/careers.htm for other vacancies at a Hard Rock Hotel.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]