Posting Date: 14 March 2022
Closing Date: 30 June 2022
Job Reference Number: HRHP/JD-S&M-003/Marketing & Communications Manager
Type of Employment: Full-time
As Marketing and Communications Manager, you are responsible to achieve planned business goals and objectives through effective leadership and management of the Sales & Marketing Department in the Hotel that comprises of the Sales and Marketing & Communications sections, while maintaining brand and company standards for guest satisfaction, employee satisfaction and internal processes. You lead and coach employees within your assigned area of responsibility to formulate and execute operational objectives relating to employee and guest centric activities within four perspectives of People, Internal Process, Guest and Revenue. An increase in personal efficiency and effectiveness is expected when you work as a team with your subordinates, colleagues and superior and achieve common goals and targets. You will:
- Setting high personal and professional standards for your department by your own performance.
- Taking responsibility for your actions and the actions of those reporting to you.
- Create and implement long term goals and strategies that will cause your department and therefore the hotel to succeed and grow.
- To develop and implement tactical plans to promote the hotel and support any sales efforts.
- Constantly seek to identify unmet guests' needs and work towards developing new or improving current products and strategies to sustain our competitive advantage.
- To develop and maintain the hotel's Identity Manual, Branding Guide as well as up-to-date rockin', creative and informative press kit.
- Work closely with all departments to organize promotional events and the hotel's advertising agency on advertising campaigns..
- Organize media visits and generally maintain a good and close relationship with the media.
- Prepare press releases, which are informative, support the hotel' s sales efforts, reflect the hotel's product image and promote the hotel's standing within the local community.
- Coordinate the development of the hotel's collaterals.
- Maximize positive exposure for the hotel in the media and local community.
- Organize community events showing the hotel's care and involvement in the community and concern for the environment.
- Lead or otherwise facilitate the transfer of information regarding priorities, assignments and problem solving at the various briefing sessions each day.
- To maintain the hotel's photo library.
- Prepare the department's section of the annual business plan, implement and adjust if required.
- Always present a clean and tidy appearance in accordance with the hotel's grooming standards and be punctual.
- Complete tasks as directed by the Director of Revenue & Marketing or the Management.
- Monitor department's budget and proactively implement corrective action where necessary.
- Control cost whilst ensuring the hotel's guests and patrons get value for money.
- Know the current and potential competitors and monitor their activities.
- Maximize the use of available technology and systems to get results.
- Be an active member in all organised philanthropic events.
- Understand, practice and comply the safety, security & emergency procedures such as fire, bomb threat, tsunami evacuation, etc.
- Legislation such as minimum age requirements for the purchase of alcohol and tobacco products.
- Ensure the facilities, equipment and offices under your supervision are maintained in excellent condition.
- Have a good understanding of the hotel's emergency procedures and ensure implementation of those related to your division when required.
- Manage joint partnership and promotions with banks/financial institutions, associations and clubs.
- Minimum diploma, with degree preferred in Mass Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related fields.
- Minimum 4 years relevant working experience in the Hospitality Industry in Marketing Communications, Public Relations or Marketing.
- Demonstrated deep understanding of brand planning and management, for example by liaison with brand agencies or corporate brand executives.
- Digital and social media savvy with demonstrated experience in leveraging multiple formats to execute digital and social media marketing.
- Experience in cultivating members of the media and key influencers, demonstrated, for example by strong media contacts.
- Demonstrated experience in crafting marketing collaterals, press releases, and content marketing for print and digital marketing (work samples required).
- Stellar writing proficiency (writing samples required) and excellent verbal presentation that can be adapted for different audiences.
- Creative, confident and dynamic personality.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and relevant graphic software application.
- Relevant knowledge and work experience in digital marketing will be an added advantage.
Visit https://www.hardrockhotels.com/careers.htm for other vacancies at a Hard Rock Hotel.