Posting Date: 13 April 2023
Closing Date: 31 December 2024
Job Reference Number: JD-S&M-004
Type of Employment: Full-time
As Senior Sales Manager, you are responsible for the work performance of one or more subordinates who are in the front line/back-line of guest service for consistently meeting differing guest's needs & wants consistent to your assigned area of responsibility in the Sales & Marketing Department in the Resort that is comprised of the Sales, Stage Pass Membership and Business Centre. You direct the procedural and personal dimensions of one or more work process through these subordinates. An increase in personal efficiency and effectiveness is expected when you work as a team with your subordinates, colleagues and superior and achieve common goals and targets.
- Set high personal and professional standards for your department by your own
- Be reliable and ensure you are at work on
- Be flexible and open to changes in your job responsibilities and/or roster to meet business
- Be a team player and maintain good relations with fellow Band
- Your work is Pay attention to details and do every task to the best of your ability.
- Seek responsibility and take responsibility for your
- Assist to recognize outstanding individual performance in your department and assist to deal with substandard performance fairly, immediately and constructively if required.
- Good in problem solving, able to meet datelines and able to work under
- Always present a clean and tidy appearance in accordance with the hotel's grooming standards and be punctual.
- Control cost whilst ensuring the hotel's guests and patrons get value for money while practising energy saving in the department and also around the hotel.
- Constantly seek to identify unmet guests' needs and work towards developing new/improving current products and strategies to sustain our competitive advantage.
- Know your current and potential competitors and monitor their
- Assist to conduct regular brief, concise, well-prepared meetings and ensure follow-
- Communicate with guests and patrons and be visible in the local community as a representative of the hotel.
- Understand the hotel's general policies & procedures and align all your department's activities and your personal actions as a manager
- Know your job and continue your self-development by self-directed learning and participation in company sponsored Training Programs, if
- Ensure an effective tracing system, monitor production of all accounts and take appropriate action when necessary.
- Increasing ADR
- Increasing occupancy
- Increasing business volume during need periods Increasing local food and beverage banqueting sales
- Increasing revenue for other facilities in the hotel
- Coordinate a minimum of 5 sales calls per day and submit the weekly sales report on time
- Assist to prepare rate grids and formats of quotations for approval if
- Reply promptly within 24 hours to correspondences, enquiries and submit complete proposals/quotations on time in a professional manner and also in correct English terms
- Seek a high profile with present and potential accounts/sources of business by organizing regular hotel inspections, participating in educational group programs, entertaining in hotel property and through direct marketing strategies which reflect the image of our hotel.
- Co-ordinate all events and functions under your responsibility efficiently and take accountability which includes confirming Banquet Event Order/ Group Resume details with clients, Banquet, Reservations, Front Office, Kitchen, Security and any other relevant
- Develop and maintain a regular pattern of sales calls meeting with principals of target market and initiates and prepares RFPs / tenders for business.
- Assist with the preparation of new products and services and in the evaluation of sales and marketing activities.
- Complete any tasks as directed by the Director of Sales & Marketing or the Management
- Degree in hotel management or business administration.
- 5 years working experience in the hospitality industry.
- Familiar with the hotel operations, available technology and all distribution channels.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong Management and leadership skills
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment