Posting Date: 6 October 2023
Closing Date: 31 December 2023
Job Reference Number: JD-HR/02 Talent Development Manager
Type of Employment: Full-time
As Talent Development Manager, you are responsible to achieve planned business goals and objectives through effective leadership and management of the Training and Development section of the Human Resources Department in the Hotel. You will lead and coach employees across the hotel plus formulate and execute operational objectives ensuring fantastic guest outcomes and productivity efficiencies.
- Identify training needs and prepare the hotel’s annual and monthly training plan.
- Design and implement General Core and Management training programs (i.e. HPL Training Road map as well as Hard Rock International required training programs).
- Prepare the Department’s section of the Annual Business Plan and Training Budget.
- Organize communication programs and facilitate the hotel’s Training Committee and associated meetings.
- Monitor departmental training activities.
- Lead and facilitate the transfer of information regarding priorities, assignments and problem solving at various briefing sessions.
- Build programs to improve the motivational climate in the hotel and discuss with the Director of Human Resources pro-active improvement strategies.
- Maintain an open door policy and counsel individual employees when required.
- Be aware of training & development material available on the market.
- Plan and implement purchase of training & development material in accordance with the budget.
- Maintain excellent relations with local government agencies in particular the HRD Corp.
- Coordinate implementation and internal management of Traineeship Programs.
- Participate in the organization of employees social and sports activities.
- Be an active member during organized philanthropic events.
- Be an active participant in the development of understanding and competency in relation to :
- Safe food handling procedures and sanitation practices in line with brand requirements
- Safety, security & emergency procedures such as fire, bomb threat, tsunami evacuation, etc.
- Degree in human resources management / hotel management / business administration.
- Good command in written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in the hospitality industry training and development at a Management Level.
- Familiar with hotel operations, available technology and all distribution channels.
- Proactive, well organized, detail-minded team player with excellent interpersonal skills and can work independently.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong Management and leadership skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strategic thinker with a passion for developing employees and a track record of delivering successful training programs with determinate results.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and to plan strategically and analytically.
(Only shortlisted candidates will be notified)