Posting Date: 7 November 2023
Closing Date: 20 December 2023
Job Reference Number: CHSA/JD-ENG-001/Hotel Engineer
Type of Employment: Full-time
- Plan execute & monitor the department operating budget.
- Plan, executes & monitor all mechanical and electrical equipment and building utility system and permanent structure in accordance to operations and planned preventive maintenance programme.
- To familiarize with the locations and operations of all fire-fighting requirement and to lead the hotel fire-fighting team and to ensure all fire fighting equipment and systems are in working condition
- To maintain sufficient stock of engineering supplies relevant to the maintenance requirement and to ensure that these parts are stored systematically and to ensure the security of these items.
- To ensure that the work areas are maintain in orderly manner and all equipment or tools are in working conditions.
- To provide the management with relevant information data or the activities of his department and to ensure that the management are informed of all matters arising that needs the management decision making or matter that will affect the daily operations of the business
- To work closely to all department heads in respect to engineering activities in order to minimize inconvenience that might affect the house guests safety and hotel operations
- To liaise and maintain a good working relationship with all relevant government department and agencies.
- To organize the departmental work force and maintain an acceptable standards of staff performance and discipline.
- To organize training for the engineering staff in order up-grade working skills and knowledge from time to time.
- Supervising and overseeing the completion of all engineering projects.
- Analyzing and calculating the material and labor costs for various.
- And to perform all related duties as to when required by the management.
- Diploma/Degree in Mechanical Engineering/Electrical or equivalent related courses.
- At least 3 years in a Chief Engineer position or 5 years in an Assistant Chief Engineer position in any industrial concern. With hotel experience will be an added advantage.
- Have specialized knowledge on water treatment, hydraulics, mechanics, chillers, air flows, H.V.A.C., L.V., electronics, sound, TV, lighting, elevators, boilers, pumps, etc.
- Capable of maintenance for all hotel building services including air-conditioning, ventilation, refrigeration, electrical installation, lighting system, plumbing system, boiler, laundry, kitchen, lift, fire protection, escalator, sound system, TV system, etc.
- Possess knowledge of the requirements of government regulations and technical rules.
- Capable of following specifications for hotel services.
- Possess knowledge of energy conservation.
- Capable of training Engineering Team Members.
** This position is restricted to Malaysian nationals ** Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]