Posting Date: 2 July 2023
Closing Date: 31 March 2024
Job Reference Number: TBHPT/2023/008/Executive Administrator
Type of Employment: Full-time
The Boathouse Pulau Tioman [ http://www.hplboutiquecollection.com ], a part of the boutique collection by HPL Hotels & Resorts [ HPL Hotels & Resorts: Hotel Management Company - Official Site] is scheduled to open in 1st quarter 2024 in Tioman Island’s west coast. Accessible by boat from Mersing or Tanjung Gemok that are on the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia, the Boathouse is an idyllic oasis on a secluded beach to immerse in the rustic tranquillity of a wildlife reserve and marine park. If you wish to pursue a career within the boutique segment of the hospitality industry, join us to welcome guest experience local simplicity at its finest with 31 bungalows styled after the traditional Malay house, a beachfront bar, a restaurant, a swimming pool and a cozy venue for small meetings and events.
Reporting directly to the Resort Manager and functionally to the Director of Sales and Human Resources Manager, you are responsible for assisting the Resort Manager in the pre-opening activities and thereafter for the effective management of the executive office in the Resort to achieve planned objectives and goals while maintaining brand and Resort standards for employee satisfaction, internal processes efficiency & effectiveness and guest satisfaction. You will coordinate with peers and subordinates to achieve these objectives and goals whilst directly assisting the Resort Manager in day-to-day operating activities, where appropriate.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in secretarial practice and/or sales coordination demonstrating achievement of results and development of relevant competencies as well as a progressive career growth in one or more reputable companies with a minimum of 2 years at a supervisory or managerial level. Suits a guest service oriented individual. Experience in the human resources function is advantageous. Exposure in the hospitality industry is preferred but not essential.
- A trade certificate, degree or diploma in secretarial practice or general management or the equivalent education and experience.
- Hands-on-approach across all office management disciplines including but not limited to sales and human resources coordination.
- A team member stature with: (a) the ability to communicate and influence at all levels through clear, informed and logical argument and discussion, tempered by a sense of humour, when appropriate, and (b) the ability to build effective relationships and influence positive outcomes through possessing a progressive and participative working style.
- Strong inter-personal communication with a strong command of the English language both written and verbal.
- Comfortable with living and working in a remote island environment.
This position is restricted to Malaysian nationals and non-nationals with the current right to live and work in Malaysia.