Posting Date: 31 July 2023
Closing Date: 31 March 2024
Job Reference Number: TBHPT/2023/009/Finance & IT Executive
Type of Employment: Full-time
The Boathouse Pulau Tioman [ http://www.hplboutiquecollection.com] , a part of the boutique collection by HPL Hotels & Resorts [ HPL Hotels & Resorts: Hotel Management Company - Official Site] is scheduled to open in 1st quarter 2024 in Tioman Island’s west coast. Accessible by boat from Mersing or Tanjung Gemok that are on the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia, the Boathouse is an idyllic oasis on a secluded beach to immerse in the rustic tranquility of a wildlife reserve and marine park. If you wish to pursue a career within the boutique segment of the hospitality industry, join us to welcome guest experience local simplicity at its finest with 31 bungalows styled after the traditional Malay house, a beachfront bar, a restaurant, a swimming pool and a cozy venue for small meetings and events.
Reporting directly to the Resort Manager and functionally to the Financial Controller and Mersing Office Manager, you are responsible for pre-opening activities and thereafter for the effective finance and accounting practice to achieve planned departmental objectives and goals while maintaining brand and Resort standards for employee satisfaction, internal processes efficiency & effectiveness and guest satisfaction. You will coordinate with peers and subordinates to achieve these objectives and goals, where appropriate.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in accounting & finance and/or or IT/computer science demonstrating achievement of results and development of relevant competencies as well as a progressive career growth in one or more reputable companies. Exposure in the hospitality industry is preferred but not essential.
- A trade certificate, degree or diploma in accounting & finance or IT/computer science or the equivalent education and experience.
- Hands-on-approach across all accounting & finance disciplines including but not limited to compliance to laws & regulations and experience in firewall, property management system, point of sales system and accounting system. Good working knowledge of windows, windows servers, VMware, Veeam, MS Office 365, web applications, spiceworks and network infrastructure
- A team member stature with: (a) the ability to communicate and influence at all levels through clear, informed and logical argument and discussion, tempered by a sense of humour, when appropriate, and (b) the ability to build effective relationships and influence positive outcomes through possessing a progressive and participative working style.
- Strong inter-personal communication with a strong command of the English language both written and verbal.
- Comfortable with living and working in a remote island environment.
This position is restricted to Malaysian nationals and non-nationals with a current right to live and work in Malaysia.