Posting Date: 2 July 2023
Closing Date: 31 March 2024
Job Reference Number: TBHPT/2023/007/Mersing Office Manager
Type of Employment: Full-time
The Boathouse Pulau Tioman [ http://www.hplboutiquecollection.com ], a part of the boutique collection by HPL Hotels & Resorts [ HPL Hotels & Resorts: Hotel Management Company - Official Site] is scheduled to open in 1st quarter 2024 in Tioman Island’s west coast. Accessible by boat from Mersing or Tanjung Gemok that are on the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia, the Boathouse is an idyllic oasis on a secluded beach to immerse in the rustic tranquillity of a wildlife reserve and marine park. If you wish to pursue a career within the boutique segment of the hospitality industry, join us to welcome guest experience local simplicity at its finest with 31 bungalows styled after the traditional Malay house, a beachfront bar, a restaurant, a swimming pool and a cozy venue for small meetings and events.
Reporting directly to the Resort Manager and functionally to the Rooms Division Manager and Financial Controller, you are responsible for pre-opening activities and thereafter for the effective leadership and management of the Mersing Office of the Resort to achieve planned departmental objectives and goals while maintaining brand and Resort standards for employee satisfaction, internal processes efficiency & effectiveness and guest satisfaction. You will lead subordinates to achieve these departmental objectives and goals whilst directly overseeing day-to-day operating activities.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in accounting, purchasing or office management demonstrating achievement of results and development of relevant competencies as well as a progressive career growth in one or more reputable companies with a minimum of 2 years at a managerial level. Suits a guest service oriented individual. Exposure in the hospitality industry is preferred but not essential.
- A trade certificate, degree or diploma in hotel management or the equivalent education and experience.
- Hands-on-approach across all office management and guest service disciplines including but not limited to meeting & escorting guests from the office or other appointed locations in Mersing to the boat to Tioman Island, purchasing for the Resort and liaison with government authorities.
- A leadership stature with the ability to gain immediate professional credibility through possessing: (a) the capability to proactively provide sound operating advice and proactively coach subordinates, (b) the ability to communicate and influence at all levels through clear, informed and logical argument and discussion, tempered by a sense of humour, when appropriate, and (c) the ability to build effective relationships and influence positive outcomes through possessing a progressive and participative management style.
- Strong inter-personal communication with a strong command of the English language both written and verbal.
- Comfortable with occasional travel to the Resort.
This position is restricted to Malaysian nationals and non-nationals with the current right to live and work in Malaysia.